“Learning to ‘design’ is learning to see, an adventure that gets more and more captivating the further you go.” – Oliver Reichenstein
The Language of Art – Free New date and time!
- New Date and Time – March 21-22, 2015 (2 days) from 9am to 3pm; Lunch from 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Location – Ani Art Academies Waichulis, Bear Creek, PA
- Instructor – Anthony Waichulis
- Additional Info – Upon registration, any additional information will be emailed to the attendee by the workshop instructor
- Limited Availability
This two-day workshop will explore several aspects of visual perception and language development to uncover an incredibly efficient method for introducing meaningful visual literacy development into the classroom.
By looking to new scientific insights offered by Neuroaesthetics and Darwinian theories of beauty, we can revolutionize art education by better understanding what is meant by “the art experience”. However, understanding the relationship of the mark and the meaning is only the first few steps of the journey. This comprehensive clinic also introduces a fun and challenging hands-on component with a new series of K-12 visual arts exercises adapted from Anthony Waichulis’ celebrated curriculum: The Language of Drawing and The Language of Painting developed for the International Ani Art Academies.
Topics covered include basic goals, rational sequencing, skill building, and collateral contributions to other areas of education (including Common Core Standards). Lesson Plan Packets for age groups K-3, 4-8, and 9-12 would be provided and explored. This workshop combines lectures and hands-on drawing and painting exercises to provide art teachers with a fresh approach for teaching visual literacy in K-12 classrooms.
* The Da Vinci Initiative, part of a 501C3, nonprofit, educational foundation, is a mission for visual literacy in our contemporary world. With a focus on K-12 public and private schools, the goal of this project is to provide skill-based learning in art education in order to deepen the understanding and applications of the visual language that surrounds us.